Thursday, October 24, 2013

Recent Days

Just some quick bullet points about what I've been up to lately. This week has been a quieter one for me (though still pretty stressful, just fewer events.)


  • On Friday we had a food preservation workshop.My main contribution here was peeling garlic for about 2 hours. It's fortunate that I like garlic, because my hands smelled like it for a few days afterward. It is great to be able to connect with more of the volunteers, though. It makes it a lot easier for me to find volunteers for upcoming workshops. At our next workshop, I'm looking forward to working with pears and pumpkins! Tomorrow we are having a big pear harvest at an orchard outside the city. (I'm not going, but I'll be working with the pears!) 
  • This week I have been trying to get some other logistical things done. The main issue has been trying to find a new location for our Refugee 101 volunteer training. We wanted to hold it in a more central location that is accessible by bus. I think we have finally found somewhere, but it has been quite the process! Hopefully tomorrow it will all be solidified. 
  • Saturday I am going to be at an art show all day selling Iskashitaa's crafts and food products. 
  • I've continued going to Wesley on Wednesdays and for the past two weeks I have gone to the small group/Bible study/life group on Sunday. I like the Sunday meetings because of the opportunity for discussion and reflection, and of course interacting with people outside of work. Beginning to have some friendships that are more than surface-level has been a wonderful development for me in the past couple weeks. Now I am just hoping that I can expand this by getting involved in some other activities. 
  • I biked to church on Sunday morning, and despite getting a little turned around on my way there, it went pretty well. I was late for the service but I still enjoyed it. I especially like that the chapel is open between services for anyone who would like to take communion. 
  • Looking forward to resting on my days off this Sunday/Monday, and also to seeing my dad next weekend!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment